Sun, 11 Dec|
The Little Bloome Co Studio
First Moon Circle (Tierney Group)
A beautiful and intimate mother/daughter workshop and celebration to introduce your daughter to periods and the power of the female body.
Time & Location
11 Dec 2022, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
The Little Bloome Co Studio, 11 Coral Heath Ave, Westleigh NSW 2120
About the event
The First Moon Circle Event Program
Part 1 - Periods, Puberty and Cycles (Girls only)
A two-hour experience where the girls come together to have fun and make new friends all while learning accurate information about what's happening to them physically and emotionally as they move through puberty and experience their first period.
Here your child will learn,
- What puberty is, what happens during this stage of development and what changes they can expect to notice, sense and feel physically and emotionally
- An introduction to the female body, anatomy, terminology, hormones, and the reproductive system
- What the menstrual cycle is and why we have it
- What periods are and why we have them
- The signs and clues that their period may start soon
- What to expect with the first period and subsequent periods
- Extensive and diverse period product play and familiarity
- Any and all awkward, embarassing, curious questions they may have
Part 2 - Celebration and Connection (Mothers / Carers + Girls)
In the final hour, Mothers/carers join the group to share a celebratory morning tea together, complete a crafting activity and are invited to share positive guidance and beautiful wishes they have for their daughter at this special time and into the future.
During our mother + daughter time, you will both receive an introduction to,
- Cycle awareness (remember the period is just one of a four stage cycle!); how each phase affects energy, feelings and needs across the month
- The relationship between the menstrual cycle and the moon cycle
- Menstrual cycle self-care (rest, nutrition, lifestyle and mindset tips)
- Paper and pen cycle charting and why this practice is so important for teens and mums (chart and journal included)
- Mothers/carers share wisdom, experiences, stories or wishes with everyone present, which helps the girls feel supported and remember they are not alone.
All participants leave with a gift bag including a 'First Moon Kit', a 22 page guidebook full of wisdom and knowledge to refer back to long after the event, as well as her own hand-beaded bracelet to remind her of the magic of her cycle and this special day.
NOTE: A follow-up email upon booking will be sent to help you and your child prepare for the circle. If you have any questions prior to booking, please don't hesitate to get in touch, email@example.com
**Minimum of five participants per circle required to go ahead
First Moon Circle
One ticket includes a mother/daughter duo.$275.00